Jul 25, 2012

Yarn Along 22

I'm joining in Ginny's Yarn Along this week.

With August just around the corner, I'm excited to announce the Project: Stash Charity KAL prize to (re)inspire you to cast on a Miranda Hat next month.  I know I've said this before, but knitters are truly the most generous folks and as more of you join our Ravelry group and knit along, I'm in constant awe of what we're capable of!


So, listen, if you're just learning about the charity KAL now, it's not too late to join.  For those who are already members but haven't cast on yet, I hope I can entice you to knit a Miranda Hat in August to be eligible for a wonderful prize.  Pumpkin of Pumpkin Spins is generously donating a skein of one of her gorgeous (and I mean gor-geous!) hand-spun yarns!  We haven't selected the one yet but head on over to Pumpkin's blog, click on Fiber Goals for 2012, and feast your eyes on her talent and skills!  I'll be announcing, with photos, the actual prize next month.


In the meantime, I'm going to leave you with a few beautiful images of Miranda Hats that have already been knitted in July. The colors and fibers that knitters have chosen are perfect for the chilly months of winter and it is great to know that so many folks will be getting one of these hats to ward off the cold!  This is just a tiny sample ... many, many more are posted on the forum. I was so excited to post this today that I didn't get a chance to ask permission to include these photos so to you wonderful knitters below, I hope you don't mind and thanks in advance!


Knit by Renee
Knit by Lynne
Knit by Jen
Knit by Gail
Knit by Claire
Gosh, I got so excited about posting this announcement today that I almost forgot to mention that I'm half-way through The Ghost at the Table and loving it.

22 comments:

  1. I can't believe July is almost over! Do you know how many hats total were knit to this point?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are 48 Miranda Hats on the pattern projects page with 64 in queues but I don't think everyone has linked their FOs to the pattern page. I think there's more than that!!

      Delete
  2. It's great to see all the excitement about this pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the hats look great Evelyn and your pattern is a dream to knit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks -- I love knitting this pattern, too!

      Delete
  4. Great hats and great pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am loving looking at everyone's hats. SO many different colors!! I love the pattern and knitting it. And I love the KAL aspect of conversation too! And it was YOU who I got the recommendation of The Ghost at the Table from! I picked it up at the library the other day and am have way through it already. I'm really enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am fairly new at knitting. This pattern looks fairly easy, it may be my first attempt at knitting a hat. First I have to finish the shawl I have on my # 6 needles. Thanks for the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many hats! I cannot wait to see how many are completed by the end of the KAL. I'll bet we will all the surprised!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! Everyone has done an amazing job on the pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pumpkin spins and dyes terrific yarn! I need to get moving on my second hat.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay for lots of wonderful charity hats being knit!! I plan to knit a couple for the ravellenics, I'm sure I can fit them in!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The hats look fantastic! I'm so glad you've got so many people taking part! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that you are so passionate about this project :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. sounds like a delicious August prize!
    Just finished hat #2

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think I better say I'm in!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great KAL, and the hats are gorgeous :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great collection of Miranda Hats. I found some yarn in my stash that will be perfect for this, so planning on casting on soon!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the rainbow of hats the 'workers' have been creating. I will have a look at the pattern soon. I am usually lazy when it comes to hats and just knit without a pattern.
    Thanks for the invitation.

    ReplyDelete