Nov 5, 2014

Hat Face

There are some people who have what I call hat faces.  You know what I mean ... stick a hat on their heads and voila, they look completely adorable.  I, for one, do not have a hat face.  Stick a hat on my head and my forehead disappears, my eyes shrink, and I do not look completely adorable (cue the sad face here).



But as a knitter, knitting a hat is one of those amazing pleasures.  The commitment is long enough to feel invested but short enough to get quick gratification. I've even designed a couple of hat patterns, and have really enjoyed creating Autumn in New York and Miranda. Last but not least, because I tend to only knit hats with animal fibers, I get a lot of happiness working with yarns I especially love.  



Both these hats are the Citadel pattern, and I just love how they turned out.  The oatmeal-colored one is in worsted weight knit in Patons Classic Wool and the other is a soft white in dk weight knit in LB superwash merino.  I don't know who I'll gift these to, but as you can guess, I'm really all about the process.  Hmm, I may be feeling a hat phase coming on. 



*My talented and very beautiful blogger friend, Michelle, has a wonderful giveaway over on her blog ~ a gorgeous shawl pattern by my other talented and very beautiful blogger friend, Libby.  Go and enter!!

9 comments:

  1. I'm not sure that I have a hat face - but I wear them regardless. Having said that - I've been experimenting with a couple of different styles of hat this winter and have decided some definitely work better than others. I love your oatmeal hat - isn't the combination of colour and texture just lovely? Thank you so much for your lovely comments about my shawl pattern! :) X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have a hat face, but I wear them anyway. EVERYONE around here wears hats. Your hats look great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad I have a hat face, because I LOVE hats! Knitted, woven, straw - you name it, I love it. Except duckbill hats :-) Or baseball hats :-) OK - I only like chic hats. And these look very chic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do not have a hat face. But I like to knit hats and! I always like to have at least one hat for me. 'Cause I'm not vain enough. I'd rather be ugly than cold, ha!

    Hat phases are good, and so are your hat patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Same here... I don't think I look good at all with hats :-) Yours are really cute hats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love wearing hats. I'm waiting for it to get colder. These are great outcomes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am one of the non-hat face folks and blame it on my big hair! But I love knitting hats, they're so quick and fun. Your hats turned out really cute. I like the textured pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so excited to see this hat pattern. It matches a scarf that I am making and should make a nice set for the person I am knitting it for. Thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great looking hats for both guys and girls. Will make wonderful gifts. I want to start knitting more hats this year, too.

    ReplyDelete