Dec 19, 2014

Magical

Sometimes, I can't help but feel that knitting is like magic.  When you combine the right yarn with the right pattern, some type of fairy dust must hover over the project and create something like this.


This is the Riverton Cowl which needs only one skein, but I highly recommend that you pick a yarn that has a lot of loft as the stitch pattern really enhances a fiber such as alpaca or cashmere.  I knit mine in Juniper Moon's Herriot which is 100% alpaca and 100% scrumptious.  This is my first time knitting with any JM yarn and it certainly won't be my last.

Another project that seems to be made from magic dust is a 2x ribbed beanie which I cast on the other night for my girl.


I love that she still asks for knitted gifts and even though it's only days away from Christmas, I'm determined to finish this up over the weekend.  I'm totally improvising here ... I decided to go top-down and am winging the increases and ribbing as I go along.  It seems to be working (keep your fingers crossed), and I am absolutely loving knitting with Woolfolk's Tynd.  Talk about dreamy!

And if I don't seem to have enough on my needles, let's not forget my hubby's pullover that I'm desperately trying to finish by the 25th.  I'm knitting this in Malabrigo Rios ~ another dreamy yarn. Heck, I can't complain ~ all these yarns are such pleasures to knit with. Hope you're enjoying all your gift-knitting this year, too!



10 comments:

  1. Oh boy does that cowl yarn look awesome! It's rich in color and is a soul mate for that textured stitch pattern. It makes me like the red family. The marbled colorway for Miranda's gansey is lovely. I love the image of a beloved daughter cozy in her mother's love. Rios totally rocks! That is a priceless and deluxe jumper your husband will receive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you always find these special and interesting yarns. I feel like all my knitting is with plain, workhorse yarns. You're making me want to branch out and try something special!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cowl is really something to behold!!! Can't wait to see it finished! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That cowl is a stunner! Such rich color.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's even more magical when you find yarn from your stash that you remember buying YEARS ago, and you finally find the perfect pattern for it! :D ~jean

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooh, that cowl look sos squishy soft! and I love the bright blue of that sweater, amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how your Riverton is knitting up. What a gorgeous stitch pattern and color. Good luck getting everything finished!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you had a very merry and bright Christmas! Your projects do look like magic and I am sure the recipients felt oh-so special. Happy New Year too!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thumbs up for the gorgeousness that this your Riverton Cowl! Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy New Year! I love that description for the proper yarn, loft. I completely know what you mean.

    ReplyDelete